Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 24

We're in La Jolla for lunch. I'd been playing with the in camera controls and wasn't happy with the previous photos I was playing with. The Quality was set to RAW and jpeg fine. As we pulled up to a light I saw the lady at the bus stop. So I grabbed a quick shot and started to play with it in the camera.

Day 24

What attracted me to this was the street quality to the situation. If I hadn't mentioned La Jolla, you could have placed this at any bus stop.

So the first setting that I played with was Monochrome. Once I changed it I saved. That gave me 2 jpegs of the scene. Then I tried the crop. Especially since there was a lot of extraneous crap around the edges. As I went through the setting I found that I could do only use 3 settings: 4/3, 5/4, 3/2. I chose 5/4ths. I tried to crop vertical but there is no setting for that. It would be a useful thing to have I think.

Still, it really is pretty usefull to be able to do corrections and basic editing right in the camera.

No comments: